Friday, August 15, 2008

Basketweave afghan pattern


I came up with this because i need a quick, but pretty afghan pattern. This is pretty basic, but with the color changes I think it just flows so well. I think i'm going to try it again with more colors and changing them every two blocks.

Size: approx. 60"x 64"

Yarn: worsted weight, approximately 3045yds. (I used Caron Simply Soft: white(1 skein), lt. country blue(2 skeins), contry blue(3 skeins), and dk country blue(3.5 skeins).)

Gauge: 16 sts and 20 rows= 4" square

Needles: US size 10 circluar needle


Directions

Using White (or first color) CO 270 stitches

Rows 1-14 knit all stitches

Block 1

row 15: k10 * p10, k10* repeat ending with k10
row 16: k10 *k10, p10* repeat ending with k10

rows 17-26: repeat rows 15 and 16.

Block 2

Row 27: k10 *k10, p10* repeat ending with k10

Row 28: k10 *p10, k10* repeat ending with k10

Rows 29-38: repeat rows 27 and 28.


Repeat blocks 1 & 2 changing colors as indicated for a total of 30 blocks.

Make: 3-white blocks (color 1)

6-light blue blocks (color 2)

9-medium blue blocks (color 3)

12-dark blue blocks (color4)

End with 14 rows of knitting all stitches in dark blue (color 4)

Bind off.

If you have any questions just leave a comment or email me at jewelsb78@msn.com


Happy knitting :)

6 comments:

sphinxy said...

What a gorgeous afghan! Thank you so much for posting this. I can't wait to get started on mine!!

Happy knitting!

Brandy L said...

Wow that is gorgeous. I just love the colors. :D
I'm new to knitting so i'll have to eventually try that as i get better.

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing.

Strgazr04 said...

This is beautiful. Was it hard to knit in one piece? Can it be done in pieces then joined together? Would I have to alter the pattern to do so? (I.e. Add more rows to the blocks at the border edges where I'm joining sections?)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I was looking for a basketweave pattern and here it is! Starting it now. Thanks for a great pattern?

Unknown said...

Is very beautiful I knit rows 1-14.I did row 15 but I'm confused with row 16 it says k10 *k10, p10*repeat ending with k10 but the pattern is multiples of 10. (270 stitches) I can't end with k, can you explain that to me please. Thank you